The information that we may gather from or about you can fall into two categories; Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Aggregate Information.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may request and collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to disclose to us. Examples of personally identifiable information include your name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that can be used to uniquely identify you.
We may request additional information about you that may or may not be traced specifically back to you. Examples of aggregate information include how many times our site is visited, geographic location, age or gender.
WELLCOMEMD may collect and use Personally Identifiable Information in one or more of the following ways:
- To contact you by phone or other means regarding your account, including communication regarding any changes to our policies or account management procedures, information on new product updates, special offers on WellcomeMD services or programs that may interest you, and to process customer service functions
- To e-mail you information about how to use WellcomeMD services and to inform you of any new service, updates or special offers
- To publish blog comments and enable forum participation
- To its parent, subsidiary and other related companies, trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners who will use the information for the purposes outlined herein as necessary to provide the services and for the specific purposes for which the information was collected
- At the request of law enforcement or governmental agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to establish, protect or exercise WellcomeMD’s legal or other rights, to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise allowed by law
- To protect the rights, property or safety of WellcomeMD, its employees, patients or any other person
- To investigate or prevent a violation by User of any contractual or other relationship with WellcomeMD or where WellcomeMD has a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of WellcomeMD, its users or the public or the perpetration of any illegal or harmful activity
- To investors, advertisers and potential partners in connection with or in contemplation of a sale of its assets or business or a merger, consolidation or other reorganization of its business
WellcomeMD may collect and use Aggregate Information in one or more of the following ways:
- To enable us to generate data about the site traffic
- To make improvements to the website and services
- To collect demographic characteristics of our target market
- To customize user experience such as by showing you advertisements that are most relevant to your demographic characteristics, recommending products that may interest you, etc.
- To share certain demographic and profile data with our agents, contractors, or affiliates
We take precautions to protect your information. Personal information is stored in a secured manner and always sent via a secure internet channel. When you enter sensitive, WellcomeMD uses secure socket layer technology (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of that information. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and WellcomeMD cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on or transmitted from its systems will be completely secure. WellcomeMD is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site by any users or third parties.
WellcomeMD maintains internal logs for Internal Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer each time you access the Internet. Your IP address does not contain personally identifiable information. WellcomeMD collects IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, report aggregate information, conduct site analysis, and to detect improper use of the site.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. For example we are permitted by law to share information about you to agents, contractors, or affiliates of ours, who help us operate the website, conduct our business or help us complete a service you requested. All such partners are bound to keep your information confidential. In certain circumstances we may share information about you if we believe in good faith that state or federal law requires us to do so such as to comply with an inquiry from law enforcement officials, when ordered by a court or by other compulsory legal process. We may also share your information to investigate or prevent suspected illegal activities such as fraud.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to non-WellcomeMD websites. Links to other websites are provided to you for information and convenience only and does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by WellcomeMD. The external sites are not under the control of WellcomeMD and we cannot guarantee the privacy or safety of information you provide to those sites. To ensure protection of your privacy, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any websites you visit.
We use “cookies” to collect information on how our website is used. Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your browser or local device for record keeping purposes.
WellcomeMD uses e-mail forms to allow our customers to ask questions about our services or programs. While we make every attempt to protect the personal information that you share with us, it is important to note that an e-mail message is unsecured. Should you choose to send your information via e-mail, you do so at your own risk. We recommend that if your communication is extremely sensitive you may want to send it by postal mail.
If you choose to correspond to us via e-mail, we reserve the right to retain the content of your email messages as well as your e-mail address or other PII, and our responses.
Personal Information Provided as Part of User Content
If you include personally identifiable information as part of any content that you provide to WellcomeMD via public postings to the site, including any bulletin boards, forum posts, etc., such information may be made available to any parties using the site. WellcomeMD does not edit or otherwise remove such information from content uploaded to any bulletin boards, forum posts, etc. before it is posted on the site. If you do not wish to have your personally identifiable information made available in this manner, you must remove any such information from the content before posting. Your contact information (which may include, without limitation, a username and email address) may be included with any content that you post via the site. WellcomeMD is not liable for any damages caused or incurred due to personally identifiable information made available in the foregoing manner.
We may provide online forums for users who visit our site. However, any postings will not be protected or confidential.
We may from time to time survey visitors on our site. The information collected from these surveys is used in aggregate form to help us improve our site.
This policy and use of WellcomeMD’s site or services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the other provisions and shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.
Questions or Comments
9108 Windover Court
Richmond, Virginia 23229